The YouthBuild at Rosie the Riveter Youth Programs is a community service program, in which you can build housing for homeless and other low-income people, providing the most valuable and visible commodity for our communities: affordable housing.
Qualifying youth can receive academic and on-the-job monetary incentives!
• It is a pre-apprenticeship and education program, in which you spend 50 percent of your time pursuing academic goals, which may include vocational and remedial education, pre-apprenticeship training, certified training in environmental technology, study toward a high school diploma, and preparation for higher education.
• It is a job training and pre-apprenticeship program, in which you receive on-site training in construction skills during 50 percent of your time in the program from qualified instructors who are often union journeypersons, and then get placed in construction-related jobs or apprenticeships.
• It is a leadership development program, in which you share in the governance of our program and participate actively in community affairs, learning the values and the lifelong commitment needed by effective and ethical community leaders.
• It is a youth development program, in which you participate in personal counseling, peer support groups, and life-planning processes that assist you in healing from past hurts, overcoming negative habits and attitudes, and pursuing achievable goals.
For more infomation contact:
(562) 431-0302 ext.108 or Info@winterwomen.org
Or pick-up an application at:
Rosie the Riveter Program- 690 Studebaker Rd Long Beach, CA 90803 Tel. (562) 431-0302
Rosie the Riveter Program - 131 Grand Avenue, Building 630, San Pedro, CA 90731 Tel. (310) 984-6478